Sunday 6 November 2016

New Side Project

I have decided to start a little side project, this will be purely model/ texture based with a turnaround video. I have taken my influence from Funko Pops and Dorbz to create my own toy range using the simplistic style they use. I worked on a generic design first to work out the style I will carry across for future models but this is based on my alter ego I was nicknamed at one of the previous places I worked "Boss man". I was originally just going to do a design for me but felt looking at a nickname and exploring that with superhero gimmicks would be much more fun.

I feel this project is at least possible to generate different characters and play around with different ideas and hopefully create a lot of content and wont to take up a lot of room to collect them! I hope this side project will be rewarding and allow to try some different types of texturing down the line.

Below is the influence map for my toy brand style 





No comments:

Post a Comment